00. photo challenge list (courtesy of Fat Mum Slim)
01. peace (that comes from getting back to the basics)
02. skyline (neighborhood)
03. something you wore today (my favorite Brooke Waggoner tee and my favorite earrings)
04. fun! ("May the fourth be with you")
05. bird (as in, "being sick is for the birds.")
07. someone that inspires you (Josh!)
08. a smell you adore (vanilla-scented candles)
09. something you do every day (make lists)
10. a favorite word ("create")
11. kitchen (my favorite kitchen appliance: our blender)
12. something that makes you happy (girl time)
13. mum (on Mother's Day)
15. love (holding my sweetheart's hand)
16. what you're reading (Women's Bodies, Women's Wisdom)
17. snack (a grilled cheese sandwich with a roma tomato)
18. something you made (boutonnieres)
19. a favorite place ("my favorite place in the world is wherever you happen to be")
20. something you can't live without (Josh, forgiveness, acceptance)
21. where you stand (with Boots, the outdoor cat)
22. pink (flowers for sale outside the grocery store)
23. technology (it's a technological selfie!)
24. something new (my new skirt from Target)
25. unusual (A. that there was candy in my house [thanks to a guest] and B. "king size minis." ..what?)
26. 12 o'clock (just hangin' out)
27. something sweet (Ezekiel toast with healthy "nutella" and strawberries)
28. the weather today (Memorial Day was a hot one)
29. a number (a Cinco de Mayo impromptu lunch date!)
30. your personality (dorky - get it from my momma :P)
31. something beautiful (our friend Shadrick and his newborn son, Connor)
I had a lot of fun with the May photo challenge. Fat Mum Slim does a great job coming up with these.. I'm sad to miss out on her photoadayJune challenge, but I'll be too busy next month.. with The Summer of Blimey Cow Photo-a-Day Challenge!
If you need further explanation:
1) Blimey Cow Photo A Day starts Friday, June 1st (that's tomorrow!). If you're seeing this late, there's no rule against latecomers! Feel free to join in when you can.
2) To participate, take or share a photo each day that corresponds to that date's assignment. For example, for day 01 ("selfie (no mirrors!)"), share a self-portrait without the use of mirrors. (Note: if you're not allowed to post photos of yourself online or are concerned about privacy, you could post a picture of your hands or toes instead.. these are still considered self-portraits!)
3) If you’re participating on your blog, feel free to share the link either here in the comments or on Blimey Cow's Facebook wall (same if you're joining via Facebook). If you’re posting to twitter, instagram, or tumblr, be sure to use the hashtag #blimeycowphotoaday so we can find/see your photos!
4) Don't stress out about it. Have fun! These "assignments" are all open to interpretation! (For example, day 04's assignment, "messy," could be interpreted a number of ways. Messy bedroom? Messy behavior? Something directly related to Messy Mondays? Whatever you come up with is acceptable!) Also, if you miss a day, just jump back in when you can. I usually make up for any missed days by taking/sharing the photo the next day if I can, but if you would rather skip a day altogether, go for it. Make it your own!We'll be sharing our own photos this month on Twitter - feel free to follow along over there! Jordan (@Messy_Jordan), Josh (@joshtaylor388), and me (@keenertaylor).
I'll also post an end-of-the-month retrospective here on the blog, just like I've done for past photo-a-day challenges.